No doubt, WP rocket is one of the popular cache plugins that make your website load faster. Although it is paid plugin, it is worth buying this. WP Rocket almost works with every website made up of WordPress.
I am supposing that you already have a newspaper theme by tagDiv and a wp rocket installed on your website. If you are planning to optimize the newspaper theme, we have written a specific article for that. You can read this article for optimizing the newspaper theme.
In this specific article, we will be only talking about optimizing and configuring the wp rocket for the newspaper theme as well as for general themes. I will only mention important settings in this article.
First of all, for mobile, I suggest you enable Tagdiv Mobile Theme. After enabling that plugin, the page speed of my website increases from 35 to 95.
You can compare the page speed to the website before and after installing only the wp rocket.
After activating WP Rocket only(By default):
Configuring WP Rocket for Newspaper theme
After you have successfully activated the wp rocket and login, the user interface of the wp rocket looks like this.
If you have installed the tagDiv mobile theme, enable separate cache files for mobile devices, and others settings, you can put it as it is.
By enabling the separate cache files for mobile devices, wp rocket creates a separate cache file dedicated to specific mobile themes and plugins. You can compare enabling or disabling the option on your own.
For the newspaper theme, we have tested all the options and they are listed below.
- Enable Minify CSS Files. It removes comments and whitespace and helps to reduce the file size of the overall website.
- Disable Combine CSS Files. It is not recommended for a website that uses HTTP/2. Enabling this option somehow breaks the newspaper theme. You can check whether your website uses HTTP/2 or not in the HTTP checker.
- Disable Optimize CSS delivery. While our team was testing these features, we encountered some problems in the hamburger menu for tagDiv Mobile Theme. If your current version of the newspaper theme did not break after enabling then enabling is highly recommended.
getbutton.io //a.omappapi.com/app/js/api.min.js feedbackcompany.com/includes/widgets/feedback-company-widget.min.js snap.licdn.com/li.lms-analytics/insight.min.js static.ads-twitter.com/uwt.js platform.twitter.com/widgets.js twq( /sdk.js#xfbml static.leadpages.net/leadbars/current/embed.js translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js widget.manychat.com xfbml.customerchat.js static.hotjar.com/c/hotjar- smartsuppchat.com/loader.js grecaptcha.execute Tawk_API shareaholic sharethis simple-share-buttons-adder addtoany font-awesome wpdiscuz cookie-law-info pinit.js /gtag/js gtag( /gtm.js /gtm- fbevents.js fbq( google-analytics.com/analytics.js ga( ' ga(' adsbygoogle.js ShopifyBuy widget.trustpilot.com/bootstrap ft.sdk.min.js apps.elfsight.com/p/platform.js livechatinc.com/tracking.js LiveChatWidget /busting/facebook-tracking/ olark pixel-caffeine/build/frontend.js HI
And click on Save Changes.
- Lazyload: Since the newspaper theme has its own lazyload features for images, disable the Enable for images and enable the lazyload for iframes and videos.
- Enable Image Dimensions: This will helps to add missing width and height attributes to images.
- WebP Compatibility: Enable this option if you serve Webp images on your websites.
It consists of four parts.
- Preload cache: Activate preloading and sitemap-based cache preloading. It will automatically pick up the sitemap according to your SEO plugins.
- Preload Links: I would not recommend enabling this but it’s your choice to enable this or not.
- Prefetch DNS Requests: DNS prefetching can make external files load faster, especially on mobile networks. Add the following common URLs to prefetch.
//fonts.googleapis.com //www.googletagmanager.com //www.googletagservices.com //tpc.googlesyndication.com //use.typekit.net //netdna.bootstrapcdn.com //www.google-analytics.com //cdnjs.cloudflare.com //ajax.googleapis.com
- Preload fonts: It improves performance by helping browsers discover fonts in CSS files. Add the following fonts to preload.
Others are the basic things. This much is necessary to configure the newspaper theme with a wp rocket. I hope, this helps you to configure the wp rocket for the newspaper theme.
If you have any problems regarding WP rocket and newspaper theme, kindly comments so our team members can help you.